Education & Training
Cobscook Community Learning Center (CCLC) is located close to the shores of Fundy Bay in Downeast Maine’s Washington Country, a place of unspoiled natural beauty. The challenges of rural life in this region are many: poverty, lack of jobs, education barriers and isolation. CCLC is a local response to those challenges that builds solutions from the strengths of the region and its people. A model of visionary grassroots education:
- Nonprofit mission is to create responsive, educational opportunities that strengthen personal, community, and global well-being
- Identified for-profit ventures as part of its original vision established in 1999
- Offers alternative high school programs, summer camps, and community classes in the arts, music, ecology, and much more
- Serves people of all ages regardless of their ability to pay
- CCLC’s Heartwood Lodge Education and Retreat Center operates yearround from its 50-acre campus and adjoining 500-acre conservation & traillands. Facilities include 50-bed dorm, dining hall, meeting spaces and classrooms, art studios, outdoor amphitheater, community gardens and much more. Visit www.cclc.me to schedule a retreat or learn more.
Maine Fresh® also has partnerships and initiatives with the following academic institutions: